Here are some highlights from our newsletter:
- Jan. 9 – Rose Sale kick-off dinner at the American Legion started off the calendar year. Lions Tom & Pam and friend Tim attended the meeting. We received the Rose cards, info and materials for the sale.
- Jan. 14 – Board Meeting minutes enclosed. Dinner Meeting followed. No raffles, no announcements, no speaker but there was great food and friendship. Due to the bad weather, the count for the meeting was 6.
- Jan. 15 – Zone Meeting at Headliners in Neenah was hosted by the Neenah Lions. Lions Jimmy, Wayne, Pete, Mike L and Dean attended the meeting. Lions Wayne, Pete, Mike L each received the Knight of Sight award from the Larsen Winchester Lions, along with Lions Ed, Nubs who are snow-birding and not in attendance. Congratu-lations to these 5 lions. Lion Dean was the speaker and the program’s message in a few words was “WE SERVE” not – we sell.
- Jan. 19 – Fairwater 50th Anniversary Party was attended by Lions Jimmy and Kevin, supporting the other clubs in our District. Around 75 people attended with a nice chicken and all the fixins dinner. PID Wayne Heiman was the speaker. Lion Jimmy said it was about 3 ½ hours, with driving – 6 hours.
- Jan. 28 – Dinner Meeting was cancelled by an executive order issued by our President!!! This was due to the weather. Our next meeting is the Valentines Party at Stone Toad Social hour at 6 pm and dinner at 7 pm.